Recipe By: Sarah, Chef Worthy
- 12 Digby Scallops
- 3 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 Slices Back Bacon
- 1 small white onion
- 1 bottle Lindemanns Bin 65 Chardonnay
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tsp fennel
- 2Cup cream + milk if needed
- cracked pepper to taste
- Shuck/wash scallops and place in strainer.
- Slice white onion in 1/8" pieces about 1/4Cup
- Slice bacon in 1/4" pieces
- Heat skillet, (tiny amt of olive oil) and place scallops in pan. Sear until 3/4 cooked, and place onion, garlic, fennel, bacon, and mushrooms in pan.
- Turn on lower heat, add 5-6 tbsp of wine and cook until onion and mushroom are just starting to soften.
- Its best to have the rice on already. - Remember, pre-soak basmati for the best result.
- Place in saucepan on med heat add 2 Cups cream, 4 tbsp Lindemann's Bin 65
- Add flour to thicken - small amounts at a time, whisking constantly.
- When sauce starts to thicken, add scallop mixture. (best to time scallops so they sit a
- maximum of 3 minutes before putting into sauce). Be gentle - nobody likes tough scallops.
- Allow sauce to thicken, and DO NOT BOIL. Simmer....until scallops are cooked through.
- Serve scallop mixture over basmati rice. Garnish with cracked pepper and ribboned scallions.Enjoy!